Educational Audiology Services
Dr. Gallien is able to provide your school district with expert audiology consultative services. From on-site assistance with technology, to email consultation, or even in-office diagnostic evaluations, Dr. Gallien can assist you in helping your deaf and hard of hearing students reach their highest potential.
Consultation regarding Individualized Education Program (IEP) development is also available. This may include the following:
- Assistance writing goals specific to the child's technology or hearing loss
- Determination of appropriate accommodations
- Case conference attendance
- Other services depending on the needs of your family or school district
Pediatric Audiology Services
Dr. Gallien's office is child-friendly and fully-equipped for all of your child's pediatric audiology needs. These services may include:
- Audiological evaluations in a sound booth, including full diagnostic hearing evaluations for children ages 2 and up using Standard Audiometry, Visual Reinforcement Audiometry (VRA), Conditioned Play Audiometry (CPA), otoacoustic emissions (OAEs), and tympanograms.
- Pediatric hearing aid services, including hearing aid consultation, fitting/dispensing, verification, troubleshooting, and maintenance.
- Evaluation of your child's performance in the presence of background noise, with subsequent recommendations for Hearing Assistive Technology (HAT) as well as other recommendations that may benefit your child in the classroom.
- Indiana First Steps Services: Hearing evaluations and hearing aid consultation/fitting.
- Hearing Aid Assistance Program of Indiana (HAAPI): A funding source that can help significantly lessen the out-of-pocket costs of new hearing aid(s) for your child.
If your child needs hearing aids and you are interested in learning more about these programs, contact the office today!